The acceptance of the first batch of this college was in the year 1997 the number was about 50 students in civil engineering, mechanical departments .In 1998 was accepted the second batch number 150 students with the addition of the Electrical Engineering Department, has been added successively acceptance mining section.
This was adopted in Sudan Engineering Council granting college of engineering graduates figure after the number of visits and continuous assessment of the performance of the college.
The faculty of Engineering at the University of the Blue Nile was selected by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research as one of several engineering faculties in Sudan to create applications for renewable energy to change the balance of power in Sudan and use of modern energy.
The overall message:
Faculty of Engineering is seeking to provide engineering education to meet the needs of working and providing community-based research services and support sustainable development market and contribute to building a knowledge economy
Faculty is regionally a leader in engineering education and scientific research supporting sustainable development
First: Educational Goals
1. Qualify graduates to work successfully as engineers in the public and private sectors.
2. Qualify graduates to develop their careers through self-education and postgraduate studies.
3. Qualify graduates to assume professional leadership positions
4. Qualify graduates active in the sustainable development of the post
Secondly, the research goals:
1. Create cooperation between the faculty and the institutions of industry, energy and construction in order to serve the development of those institutions.
2. Create research centers to develop scientific research and support for researchers and graduate students from within and outside the university.
3. Ask a graduate research focused on aspects of community service programs.
Third, the objectives of community service
1. Support and contribute to the various university committees such as the Committee Scholarship and Training and the Committee of the Council of Scientific and teaching assistants and others.
2. Participate with the community in the development of the engineering profession by providing courses and workshops for engineers and technicians in various engineering disciplines.
3. Conducting engineering studies and field surveys and provide technical advice to contribute to solving the problems of society.
4. Perform standard tests on the facilities and systems engineering, equipment and machinery, equipment and materials.
• The departments of the faculty: -
The faculty contains the following departments:
1. Department of Electrical Engineering and includes: -
- - Communications Laboratory
- - Measurements Laboratory
- - The basics of electricity plant
- - Digital circuit's lab
- - Electronics Lab
- - Analogue Electronics Lab
- - Electrical Machines Lab
- - Control Laboratory
2. Department of Mechanical Engineering:
- - Workshop turnings and refrigerator
- - Workshop welding and blacksmithing
- - Car workshop
- - Cooling plant and adjustment
- - Refractoriness plant
3. Department of Civil Engineering:
- - Hydraulic lab
- - Carpentry workshop and plumbing
- - Concrete plant
- - Soil Lab
- - Space lab
- - Laboratory of Water Engineering and Environment
4. Science Department:
- - Physics Lab
- - Chemistry Lab
- - Computers Lab
- - Computer Maintenance Plant